The ICU beds are fully motorized with air mattress in each bed with central oxygen
and vacuum ports for each bed.
Presently the ICU is equipped with
- Bedside monitor for each bed capable of doing invasive monitoring.
- 6 nos of ventilator (servoi, servos from Maquet and Critivent from Medisys)
- Two hemodialysis machines operating round the clock.
- Blood gas analyzer from Nova biomedical, Electrolyte analyzer from Biolyte inside the
ICU for immediate ABG and electrolyte reports for needy patients (within 1 minute).
- Zoll biphasic defibrillator with percutaneous pacing facility.
- 15 nos of syringe pumps.
- Portable X ray machine and ECG machine solely meant for ICU, so that time is not
wasted ordering X ray and ECG in emergency situation.
Since the inception of ICU (1st May 2005) has treated more than 3000
patients of different specialties,
including Medicine, Surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, and ENT.
The Nazareth hospital ICU caters to seriously ill patients needing intensive care from
other hospitals of Shillong and other part of Meghalaya
Routine procedures include mechanical ventilation including neonatal ventilation,
invasive monitoring, blood gas analysis, percutaneous and surgical tracheotomy,
thoracocentasis, central venous access, bedside external ventricular drainage,
hemodialysis, percutaneous and transvenous cardiac pacing, fiber optic bronchoscopy
and other routine procedures.
The ICU is manned by three doctors giving round the clock medical attention with 20
dedicated staff nurses (2 having diploma in critical care nursing) and supported by
physiotherapist, dietitian and other supportive staff.